Friday, July 6, 2012

Hairless Peach (W.E. 26)


Exercise 26:
Choose something from your fridge to write about, use all of your 5 senses to describe it: Sight, Taste, Smell, Sound, Touch.
Hairless Peach
I bring my carefully chosen object to my nose and I take a big wiff, and it smells sweet, ripe.  It makes my mouth water.  Its surface feels cold and smooth to the touch, yet with bumps protruding its very surface.  The butt end of it feels rougher like a super soft grade of sandpaper and dips in like an innie belly button.  The rough bumps across the skin make me want to claw at them and remove them from the-could be perfect surface.  The bumps feel as if they are ruining the perfection that is this hairless peach, yet those bumps are the perfection making my mouth desire to eat this beast.  Were it so unblemished I might find myself unable to eat it, as if it were to amazing to devour.  It feels hard to the touch, and yet squeezing just slightly threatens to bruise its delicate surface.  It’s maybe a quarter of an inch smaller around its entirety than a tennis ball, yet much heavier and more lopsided.  One side of it is a dark rouge color, and the other, a yellow blotched with red speckles.  It reminds me of the poisoned apple in snow white.  The top part of it dips in like buttocks descending into a hiding anus between the tufts of buttock fluff.  Scattered about the edges of the rouge colored surface are speckles that appear white, or perhaps beige.  I shake it in my hand and it sounds like nothing, for it appears solid; when I tap on its surface I find it is in fact solid.  Throwing it from hand to hand makes a smacking sound as if someone were playing catch with a baseball all by themselves without a mitt.  I lick the surface and taste nothing.  I can bare it no more, as the smell entices me to take a bite.  Juices instantly touch my lips and my tongue, making me not sorry I took this bite.  It tastes sweet and slightly tangy.  The skin comes off within my mouth and crunches slightly as I bite it and swallow it.  The inside is slippery to my tongue, and yellowed.  The inside surface proves to be more bumpy, but at the same time is soft and tickles my tongue with desire to have another bite.  Parts of the inside are a darker shade of yellow, signs of bruising.  As I take another bite parts of it string out and get captured in my teeth and on my tongue.  The taste is slightly sour at times, and yet sweet enough to tingle my taste buds.  The pungent aroma that surrounds me is hypnotizing, and I find myself eating more of it.  Within the center is a hardened core, and the closer I come to biting it, the more sour and bitter the taste.  The stringy yellow sweetness doesn’t pull free from the core, a sign that it’s not quite as ripe as it could be.  Alas, it has been devoured, and the core disposed of.  My object of utmost desire is a hairless peach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment