Friday, May 18, 2012

Escaping Attack (W.E. 17)


Exercise 17
Write a passage of physical action (a dance, someone is running to catch a plane, there is a fight or someone is trying to escape capture). In order to make the action crystal clear, describe what happens as if you were filming it using only one camera that is fixed in a single place. This will help organize the action so it is easy for a reader to visualize.


Escaping Attack
                His fist flew at my face and I dodged.  Did he think just because I’m a woman, I’m so easy to strike?  My right fist swung upward and into his chin.  Blood splattered from his mouth and he growled.  His muscles flexed and he swung a right hook into my ribcage.  I could feel it crack.  The pain surged through me.  I staggered sideways, but I refused to go down.  I dodged his left hook by staggering painfully backward.  He charged at me.  I dodged to his right.  As he passed me I turned and kicked the back of his right kneecap with my right heel; when he didn’t go down I kicked in the left as well.  I pivoted on my left foot.  As my right foot reconnected with the ground slightly off to the right, I twisted left with my arm closed.  Then, with all of my force I changed the direction in a clockwise motion.  I connected my elbow with the side of his temple as hard as I could.  He cried out as he collected himself under the strength of his right arm.  He quickly got up and flexed his muscles.  He threw a fury of punches.  They were coming so hard and fast, I couldn’t dodge them all.  He hit my agonizing rib cage at least 6 more times.  I tried desperately to block his punches by turning my body and blocking with my arms.  I still refused to give up.  I head butted him as hard as I could.  My skull connected with his nose.  I could feel some of his blood drip into my hair; I felt disgusted.  Blood spurted from his nose.  I took the opportunity to use all the force of my right foot to smash his left knee cap backwards.  I could feel it as he hit the pavement.  All I could hear were his screams of agony.  He would never attack me again.  I gripped my left side.  I knew I’d have to take it easy after tonight.  At least I was safe.  I bent down and grabbed my bag full of groceries.  I walked away from him without remorse.


==========================================================================

Authors note:
I hope this was entertaining to read.  It just sort of floated.  I don't know if it even makes sense.  I wasn't really sure what to write about so I just wrote it as it came to me.  I hope you guys give this one a shot. ;)  It's definitely a challenge to figure out what to write about.  I didn't want to be overly generic.  I guess in a way I was still pretty generic huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment