Friday, May 11, 2012

Riding Raptors (W.E. 15)

Exercise 15:
This is one I came up with myself.  For this exercise, I decided to tell you a funny story that happened on Sunday April 15th 2012.  You may choose to tell a funny story or simply one that made you feel happy.  Nobodies going to know if it's not a recent story.  It would be easier to write since it's fresher in your mind.  (This post is actually being written on April 15th, but is scheduled to post at a later date.)

Riding Raptors
Earlier I had an interesting conversation with my friend Jim, but before I get into that I must clarify a few things.  
I had been watching a movie called The Land that Time Forgot.  I was sitting on my bed with my pillows laying down behind me.  At the foot of my bed sat my laptop.  I'd been researching for my debate on the cons of being a Vegan when a question came to me.
I asked him "What if, in December, Earth shifts and we all go back in time because of the Bermuda triangle?"  Of course it's not a logical question, nothing amusing comes from logic!

He responds, as he usually does: "That would be cool."  

This could only make me bring up the point of "What if dinosaurs?"  It's my cute way of asking "What if there are dinosaurs?" 

Jim, being crazy like he is and loving raptors as much as he does, says "We can ride raptors." 

Of course, being the MOSTLY logical half of this conversation I say: "Or get eaten by them. Or, do you know how to train them?  Maybe you can get them as babies. Then maybe they will think you are part of the pack."  My point being: most animals learn to accept you as a family member if they are babies when you obtain them.

Then he says "Animals are animals.  Just give them food."  This of course made me laugh.

So I asked him "What do raptors eat?"  I knew of course that they eat meat.

He responds with "Meat," to which I respond with "Do you think it matters what kind maybe? Maybe they like people meat best." 

Then the most amusing thing that could have been said, was said by Jim: "Nah, people meat tastes like cow and cows have more meat." I fell backward on my pillows and started cracking up uncontrollably.  Every time I thought I was finished laughing, I'd start up again.  My thought was "What the hell?"

If you don't find this amusing, you have no soul.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors notes:
As I said before, this story is true.  It's my way of trying to paint a picture for you of how I'd laughed for the first time in a while.  Not just any laugh, a genuine laugh.  I hope you choose an event in your life and try to recap it in story format.  ;)  This was a fun exercise.  Let me know what you thought of my story telling technique! Comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment