Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rewriting Sentences Part 2 (W.E. 14)



For those of you who don't know, this is a blog about writing exercises. These exercises I've found around the web and may possibly come up with on the spot. This is just for fun and to get me into the habit of writing frequently. I hope you will join me on this journey of writing. I will be posting every Tuesday and Friday as long as I have steam to do so. 


Exercise 14
I thought that we could try another exercise like exercise 06.  In this one, we’ll use the sentence: “The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.” ― James Branch Cabell, The Silver Stallion

Now, if you missed exercise 06, what we will be doing is rewriting a sentence as many ways as we can think of. The minimum number of times being 5.  Expand your ability to create.

[ 1 ] A positive person believes life is wonderful; a negative person thinks it’s terrible.
[ 2 ] Someone who thinks in the light enjoys living; someone who thinks in the darkness can’t comprehend the enjoyment of living.
[ 3 ] The children of the light know we live in the best time; the children of the dark loathe this time.
[ 4 ] An era of the light shows us the greatness of our world; an era of the dark wants nothing to do with our world.
[ 5 ] An open minded person thinks life is a gift; a narrow minded person thinks life is torture.
[ 6 ] To open your heart to the possibility of the best world leads to happiness; to close your heart to the world leads to emptiness.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note:
I might be getting better at this.  If you guys would like express your enjoyment of these type exercises as well, comment or tweet me @lylathewicked and I will continue to post new ones.  I honestly think these exercises are a great way to expand the way a person thinks and writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment