Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trixie (W.E. 07)


For those of you who don't know, this is a blog about writing exercises. These exercises I've found around the web and may possibly come up with on the spot. This is just for fun and to get me into the habit of writing frequently. I hope you will join me on this journey of writing. I will be posting every Tuesday and Friday as long as I have steam to do so. 


Exercise 07
Imagine that you are lying in a hammock, gazing up the trunk of tree that holds the hammock. You are profoundly relaxed; summer is almost over. Your mind drifts with the slow rocking of the hammock. Your spirit soars toward the top of the great white pine. Suddenly....


Trixie
Suddenly a downpour erupts. The day that seemed so bright is no longer full of delight. I try to get up too quickly and find myself face planted in the mud forming beneath the hammock. Great, now I’d need a shower.
I make my way inside my humble abode, dripping wet with mud and rainfall. It really hits me now, summer is over. I thought I’d have had a few more days of freedom before the rains came, but nope, they always have to ruin the fun.
I climb into my shower and feel the hot clean water cascading down my body followed by soap suds. I was cleansing myself not only of the rainfall and the mud, but also of the entire summer. It was so chaotic.
My summer started off easily enough, as summers usually do. I spent the first days of summer by the pool, but then Tammy called. I knew my summer would pick up now that Tammy was in the mix. She’d finally flown in from Florida. She visited me in California almost every summer since she moved about 4 years ago. We were best friends since we were 5.
Tammy and I use to date ages ago. We were 16 at the time, and everyone thought we were the cutest couple. I had a spikey boy band haircut.  She had cheerleading spunk.  Or as I noticed, double D's.
When she arrived this summer she decided it was time to get me out there, playing the field as it were. I’d been single for so long that I couldn’t even count the times I’d jerked myself to climax.
 So we ended up at a club. I always thought clubs were where people who wanted to hook up went, not people who were looking for long term like I was.
I know I don't really seem the type, but I'd rather be having sex with a woman I was planning to spend the rest of my life with.  I was never one of those guys up for one night stands and all that crap. I want one woman. Just one who wanted to be mine.
Then I saw her. She was standing next to a guy with bright orange hair. I think that was what drew my eyes in the direction I found her in.  Bright orange was undeniably the most bright I’d ever seen hair. I couldn’t tell if it was a wig or if it were his real hair, dyed.
She had long blond hair. It cascaded down her shoulders to about maybe 4 inches down her back give or take. Then her eyes met mine. I couldn’t tell the color of them because of all the flashing strobe lights in my eyes from her direction. At first as she walked toward me I thought maybe she had seen a friend she was trying to meet up with. All this time Tammy is yapping in my ear and I can’t hear a word she’s saying because of the loud voices and loud music surrounding us.
She steps up close to me.  I have to lean forward to hear her.  She stood about 5’4” to my 6’0”. She spoke into my ear and it sounded like a whisper.  She wanted to go outside and then get a drink. I couldn’t hardly hear her.  Needless to say I followed her as she made a pathway out of the building.  Tammy must have gotten lost in the crowd, or realized I was following a lady out of the building.
As we stood outside in the cool night air, she extended her hand which I gently shook.
“I’m Trixie. What’s your name handsome?” She pulled a box of smokes from her pocket, offering me one. I shook my head and she put one to her lips as she leaned against the wall. She lit it with ease and took a long drag.
“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.” I said.
“Whys that? Is it some weird name like Penis or Jack Mehoff?” She asked curiously and slightly sarcastically.
“No it’s nothing like that. Leopard.” I responded and she looked at me with a smirk.
“Leopard? Your names Leopard?” She asked as if she didn’t believe me. She started to laugh, rubbing her eye with her thumb of the hand now holding her cigarette pressed between her pointer and middle fingers.
“I knew you wouldn’t believe me.” I said with a grin.
“Alright Leopard, how about we get ourselves a little drink? I know a great place just up the street.” She started to walk before I could respond. I don’t know what made me follow her. Everywhere she went I seemed to follow. I saw her put out the cigarette and stuck it back into its box.
I found my phone in my pocket and I texted Tammy. I told her I went to go get a drink with this hot blond I met. I’d tell her more back at my place later.
As we went into the dark bar, we ordered a few drinks and found ourselves headed toward a booth in the corner. It was very secluded.
“So, got a girlfriend Leopard?” She asked with a smile, taking a drink of her beer.
“Nah, I’m a single cat.” I said, using the play on words.  I thought it went well with her insistence on using my name so frequently.
“Rawr.” She started, then continued “So, do you go to Club Seks a lot?” She lit her cigarette once more, and took a drag. She flicked the ashes into the ash tray on the table.
After a few drinks we ended up back at her place. At first we were just going to watch a movie. I can’t even remember the name of it now, but that’s not important. The important part is that we never made it to watching the movie. We ended up in her bed, naked.
The next thing I remember is waking up to a tent made from the hard wood between my legs. She’d walked into the room just then and laughed, seeing my makeshift tent.
“I didn’t know we were going camping.” She said sarcastically with a laugh and a smirk.
“Yeah…Morning wood, gotta love it.” I said as I stood up and headed toward the bathroom. I wasn’t at all embarrassed about her seeing me this way. I mean, she must have seen me plenty last night. If only I could remember more of it. Why didn’t I remember it?
“So, you gotta get out before my boyfriend gets back.” She called toward the bathroom.  My mind must have assumed she was single.  I thought she meant she was single based on the fact that she asked me if I was.  Great job brain, you forgot to ask.
“Seriously? You got a boyfriend?” I asked feeling disappointed. I’d had such an amazing night, and I wasn’t looking for just a one night stand.  I pulled my pants on followed by my shirt. “Can I see you again?”
“Sure stud, next time I want to go camping.” She laughed and teased me. “I’ll call you.” She noted.
“Well…alright.” We swapped cellphone numbers. I kissed her on my way out, telling her she was beautiful.  I thanked her for what was an amazing night without a doubt, regardless of my lack of remembering it detail for detail. She only smiled.
“Any time Tiger…whoops, I mean Leopard.” We both laughed at the continuous play on words.  Nobody had ever played such an interesting name game with me.  I don't think another woman could make it feel as entertaining.
Then I was driving back to my place, and I couldn’t stop thinking about her. That blond hair, those blue eyes, and the boyfriend I’d just found out existed only a few moments ago. She was taken. What was I thinking asking her to call me?
I went into my apartment and found Tammy on the couch watching tv. “Hey, where you been all night?” She asked, and she looked over and saw my awful sex unkempt hair. “Uh oh…did you find a lady to once?” She asked me with a raised eyebrow.  It was her way of asking if I'd had a one night stand.
“I hope not just once. The problem is…” I said as I headed into the kitchen to get a beer. I opened the fridge and continued as I opened my beer bottle. “She’s got a boyfriend.” I took a big gulp.
“That sounds like some crazy stuff. I’m not going to tell you how to live your life or anything…But are you sure that’s something you should be getting involved with?” She asked out of concern.
“No. The problem is I’m starting to fall for her.  I think.” I took another drink and plopped myself down on the couch.
“How? You just met last night!” Tammy exclaimed.
“I knew after I saw her for the first time. She’s so great Tam.” I stated.
“Boy, you’re all kinds of crazy for this woman. Alright, I support you. But if she breaks your heart, I’ll cut her like a bitch.” She slices at the air with an imaginary knife.
I went for 3 weeks without a call from Trixie. Still, she was all I could think about. I started to get depressed thinking she wasn’t going to call. Tammy tried everything to get me to go out with her again, but I continued to resist.
Finally my phone rang, and it was Trixie. “Hey, Trixie.” I said nervously.
“Hey Leopard, wanna come shag a bitch in heat?” She asked.
“I’m down.” I said, meaning I was feeling sad, and not so much about the being interested in having sex with her again. If she noticed, she didn’t show it.
“Then get your ass over here because I want your dick inside me.” She said seductively, yet sarcastically.  I could hear that she was smiling.  I remembered her smile like it was yesterday.
I made it back to her place where she invited me inside. Again she insisted we watch a movie, but the second she got out the vodka and whiskey we were gone.  Again I ended up in her bed naked. This time I wasn’t so lucky.
I was one with her when a man started shouting and throwing things at me.
“What the fuck is going on Trixie?  You god damned slut.  Is this what you do when I’m not home? Huh? Is it?” He shouted.  He appeared to be older, maybe in his 40’s.
“You better get out of here.” She whispered into my ear and I nodded.  I quickly wanted to get out of there and yet at the same time wanted to stay and protect her.  Something told me this was a battle she could handle on her own, probably one of many she’d fought.  She was no damsel.
Somehow, half ass drunk I managed to make it home safely.  Part of me wasn't thankful.  I felt like shit for fucking some other guys woman.  I wanted her all to myself, if only we'd met first.  One too many ifs.
I didn’t hear from her again for the entire summer, other than a text to let me know she couldn’t see me again, but that it had been great.  It ended with, “Maybe we’ll meet again in another life and the sex will be just as mind blowing.”  I heard her sarcastic tone as I read the text and I was crushed.
I spent a majority of the rest of the summer getting drunk in my pj’s on the couch and being depressed.  It felt like the world was ending.  I couldn’t even figure out why.  Tammy warned me.  Despite all logic, I'd fooled myself into thinking Trixie was good for me.
It took some convincing by Tammy and my inner self, that it wasn’t a loss. She was just a summer fling, that was all. But I know deep down a part of me will always be in love with that girl I met in the club: Trixie.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Authors Note:
Okay well I hope you enjoyed reading this short story as much as I enjoyed writing it. It just seemed to flow from my fingertips. This wasn't the first thing I wrote tonight, but it was definitely the most satisfying. This is so far the longest story I've created from the use of one of these nifty little exercises. It is also my favorite so far.
By the way if anyone knows of any other really cool ideas for writing exercises tweet them to me @lylathewicked

No comments:

Post a Comment